- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- vanilla frosting
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add flour, egg, cream of tartar, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt to bowl, and combine.
- Fold in the majority of the rainbow sprinkles. Leave at least 1 tbsp aside to add to the frosted cookies later on. Note that you can use any sprinkles but I recommend avoiding the little balls as their color may bleed into the cookie dough.
- Place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for about 40-60 min. Chilling the dough will prevent the cookies from spreading.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Makes about 20 cookies. Can double recipe if want more cookies.
- Roll cookie dough into balls. Place cookie dough balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Press gently on balls to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 9 minutes.
- Once the cookies are cool, spread vanilla frosting on cookies. Immediately add rainbow sprinkles to each frosted cookie.
Rate this recipe