Vanilla Cupcakes From Scratch
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, soft
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and then mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and then vanilla extract.
- Stir well, and divide evenly between 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
Rate this recipe