Mac and Cheese Skillet
- 4 cups cold milk
- ¾ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 16 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 oz + 2 oz mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter
- 16 oz GF pasta
- Boil water. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Set aside.
- Pour the flour into a large saucepan. Gradually whisk in the milk to make a smooth paste. Stir constantly. Bring to a boil, and then remove from heat.
- Add cream cheese, 16 oz cheddar cheese, and 8 oz mozzarella cheese to saucepan. Add black pepper. Stir until combined.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter the skillet. I used a 12 inch cast iron skillet. If you have a smaller skillet, you can cut the ingredient amounts in half etc.
- Add pasta to cheese-filled sauce pan. Combine pasta and cheese.
- Pour pasta & cheese mixture into large skillet. Smooth it out. Sprinkle 2 oz of shredded mozzarella on top.
- Bake skillet until cheese starts to bubble and slightly browns. I baked it for 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Then bump it up to 450 degrees and bake it for 5 more minutes.
Rate this recipe