FOR THE CAKE:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
FOR THE STREUSEL:
- ⅔ cup GF all-purpose flour
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.5 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with non-stick aluminum foil. I used an 8x8 glass pan.
- In a large bowl, start to make the cake batter by combining butter, egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine granulated sugar, GF flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add dry ingredients from medium bowl to the large bowl. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon to make cinnamon sugar.
- Pour half of the batter into pan.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar evenly over the batter.
- Carefully spread the rest of the batter on top of cinnamon sugar layer. I used a spoon to do this.
- In another medium-sized bowl, make the streusel by combining the flour, brown sugar, granulated sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Pour melted butter into bowl. Use a fork to combine. The streusel should be crumbly. Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Rate this recipe