FOR THE COOKIES:
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR:
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter until smooth.
- Add flour, egg, cream of tartar, vanilla extract, baking soda, and salt to bowl, and combine.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tbsp granulated sugar and cinnamon to make the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for about 40-60 min. Chilling the dough will prevent the cookies from spreading.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Makes about 20 cookies. Can double recipe if want more cookies.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, and then roll the cookie dough balls in cinnamon sugar mixture. The balls should be completely covered in cinnamon sugar.
- Place cookie dough balls on parchment-lined baking sheet. Press gently on balls to flatten them slightly.
- Bake for about 8 minutes or until golden brown.
Rate this recipe