Pasta Primavera with Chicken
- 16 oz gluten-free penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- a bundle of asparagus, chopped into 1 inch segments
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 8.5 oz can of sweet peas
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 5 oz Parmesan cheese
- Cook the chicken. I cooked the chicken in a medium-sized pan until no longer pink on the inside. Add salt & pepper to taste. Remove from heat, and dice chicken.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. We used cauliflower pasta. Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before draining. Set pasta aside.
- Cook the veggies while the pasta is cooking. Chop the onion, and cut the asparagus into 1 inch segments. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and asparagus, and saute until veggies have softened. We did about 5 minutes.
- Add sweet peas and tomatoes to skillet. Add salt & pepper to taste. Saute for 5 more minutes.
- In a large sauce pan at low heat, combine the cooked pasta and veggies. Add in the Parmesan cheese. Add pasta water. Constantly stir until you get the consistency you want.
- Plate in a serving bowl, and can top with basil.
Rate this recipe