Red Velvet Pancakes
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
- 2 oz or 4 tbsp or ¼ cup GO VEGGIE vegan cream cheese
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp dairy-free milk
FOR THE RED VELVET PANCAKES:
- 1.5 cups GF all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs (Or for a vegan version, use egg replacer or flax egg which is 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 tbsp warm water per egg so double this amount)
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk
- 1 cup buttermilk (Or for a vegan version of buttermilk, combine 1 cup of vegan milk + 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Let this sit for a few minutes before adding it in.)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp red food coloring
- ¼ cup dairy-free butter, melted
- avocado oil spray
- In a small bowl, prepare the cream cheese glaze by combining the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and pure vanilla extract. Mix well. Add milk, and mix until smooth.
- In a large bowl, start to make the red velvet pancakes by combining the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, buttermilk, pure vanilla extract, apple cider vinegar, and red food coloring.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Add in the melted butter, and stir well. Can add a splash of water to make batter a bit thinner, if needed.
- Spray avocado oil on pan/griddle and put on medium high heat. Pour spoonfuls of pancake batter onto pan. Flip each pancake when ready, and remove from pan when fully cooked.
- Drizzle red velvet pancakes with cream cheese glaze.
Rate this recipe