Smoothie in Pineapple Boats
FOR THE SMOOTHIE:
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt
- ½ cup dairy-free milk
- 2 cups frozen berries: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries
- ice (optional)
FOR THE PINEAPPLE BOATS AND TOPPINGS:
- Peel the bananas and slice them. Lay the banana slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined plate, and freeze for about 2 hours.
- Add yogurt, milk, and frozen banana slices into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add frozen berries to blender. Blend until smooth.
- If it's too thick, add a bit more milk. If it's too thin, add ice.
- To make the hollowed out pineapple boats, first cut the pineapple in half the long way. Cut around the inside of pineapple to create a "boat." Cut the flesh inside the pineapple into cubes, making long slices down the length of the pineapple, and then cross-cuts about 1 inch wide. Be sure not to cut through the pineapple. Using a large spoon, scoop out the pineapple cubes & flesh. Set aside the pineapple cubes & flesh to eat and to use as bowl toppings later. You can also use the spoon to turn the pineapple boat from rectangular to circular so it's more bowl-like.
- I recommend making the pineapple boats before the smoothie since the smoothie will get thinner as it sits. You can add ice like I did and blend it again right before you're ready to pour the smoothie into the pineapple boats.
- Pour the smoothie into the pineapple boats.
- Top the smoothie pineapple boats with fresh fruit and dried fruit. Add cacao nibs and bee pollen as well.
Rate this recipe