Apple Spice Cake
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup Wedderspoon Manuka honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 medium apples (peeled, cored, and cut into 1 inch pieces - I used honeycrisp apples)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with non-stick aluminum foil or parchment paper. I used an 8x8 inch glass pan.
- In a large bowl, add eggs and butter. Mix together. Add manuka honey and pure vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture into large bowl. Fold in chopped apples and walnuts. Mix together.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. When a toothpick comes out clean from the center, they're done.
- Enjoy as is, or you can drizzle Manuka honey on top! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
Rate this recipe