Grilled Cheese Arepas
- 1 cup Harina P.A.N. pre-cooked white corn meal
- 1 ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 slices of cheese
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the corn meal, water, and salt.
- Mix for two minutes until it forms a soft dough.
- Let the dough rest for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough into 4 balls of equal size. Flatten them with the palms of your hands so they form discs of about 4-5 inches.
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray, and warm up the pan.
- Grill the discs at medium heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove the arepas from the pan. While the arepas are still warm, cut one side open with a knife making a pocket. Fill each arepa with a slice of cheese.
- Heat up the pan again, and cook the cheese-filled arepas for a couple minutes on each side so it becomes grilled cheese arepas.
Rate this recipe