Sweet & Sour Chicken over Cauliflower Rice
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into 1 inch chunks
- salt & pepper
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Mr. Spice Sweet & Sour sauce
- ½ medium red bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium green bell pepper, diced
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 12 oz cauliflower rice
- Chop the red & green bell pepper into chunks. Chop onion.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch chunks, and add them to large bowl. Season chicken with salt & pepper. Pour cornstarch into this bowl.
- Put eggs in another large bowl, and whisk the eggs.
- Over medium-high heat, heat oil in large skillet. I started with 2 tbsp of oil for the first batch of chicken, and then another 2 tbsp of oil for second batch of chicken.
- Dip the cornstarch-coated chicken chunks in the egg mixture. Put the chicken in the heated skillet, and cook the chicken for a few minutes. Once chicken chunks are browned on all sides, move them to a clean plate. I did this in two batches. To avoid the oil splattering, I wore an oven mitt while using tongs to flip the pieces of chicken.
- Over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in large skillet. Cook chopped bell peppers & onions in pan for a couple minutes.
- Add the sweet & sour sauce to pan. Turn the heat up to high. When the sauce is simmering, add the chicken chunks to the pan. Let it simmer for 1-2 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Once done, remove pan from heat.
- Prepare cauliflower rice. You can buy pre-made cauliflower rice or make your own.
- Serve sweet & sour chicken over cauliflower rice.
Rate this recipe