Honey BBQ Glazed Salmon
- 1 lb (16 oz) salmon - I did one large piece of salmon steak but you can also do multiple smaller fillets
- lemon, to clean salmon
- salt & pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Mr. Spice honey BBQ
- cauliflower, roasted
- broccoli, roasted
- sweet potato, sliced & roasted
- zucchini, sliced & roasted
- scallions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Rinse the salmon under cool running water. Squeeze some lemon on the salmon. Dry the salmon completely with a paper towel.
- To roast the vegetables, use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle avocado or olive oil all over the vegetables and sprinkle salt & pepper. Bake for about 30-40 minutes. Roast the vegetables first as they take longer than the salmon.
- Line another baking sheet in tin foil. Can add a piece of parchment paper on top of tin foil as well. Lay salmon on this baking sheet.
- Season the salmon with salt & pepper.
- Using a brush or spoon or spatula, generously spread the honey BBQ on top of the salmon fillet.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes. I did 15 minutes as this is a thick piece of salmon.
- Switch the oven to high broil. Broil until the honey BBQ sauce is caramelized on the edge of the salmon. It should take 1-2 minutes but watch carefully because ovens differ especially on broil. I did 2 minutes on broil.
- Remove the salmon from the oven. Carefully remove the skin from the salmon, using a fork & knife.
- Start making a plate. Add spinach and other greens to the plate. Add the roasted cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini, and sweet potato. Garnish with scallions.
Rate this recipe