Blueberry Pound Cake
1 hours 15 mins
1 hours 35 mins
FOR THE BLUEBERRY POUND CAKE:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ cup + 3 tbsp GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pint (or 2 cups) fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp milk
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE:
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease your pan with cooking spray or butter. I used a 10 inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter. Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Fold in 2 ¾ cup of flour. Add baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Spoon a bit of this batter (without blueberries) into the bundt pan so that there's a small layer of plain batter at the bottom of the pan. This will help the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking.
- Put the blueberries in a small bowl. Cover the blueberries with 3 tbsp of GF flour. This also helps to keep the blueberries from sinking to the bottom of the pan during baking.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the large bowl. Add milk. Gently mix together.
- Spoon the rest of the batter into the bundt pan. The batter will be thick. Smooth the batter out with a spoon.
- Bake for about 75-80 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake. Let the blueberry pound cake cool for 10-15 minutes before removing it from the pan. I flipped it out onto a plate, and it came out clean because I greased the pan with cooking spray.
- While the cake is cooling, make the lemon glaze. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and butter.
- Once the cake has completely cooled, pour or drizzle lemon glaze all over it. Can top pound cake with fresh blueberries as well.
Rate this recipe