Baked Apples with Crumble Topping
- 3 apples
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 Taos Bakes Caramel Pecan + Cranberries bars
- toppings: vanilla/plain yogurt or whipped cream; dash of cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Halve the apples. Use a spoon, tsp or melon baller to remove the core & seeds and then make a bigger hole so there's room for the crumble.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Add a few spoonfuls of this mixture to each apple half. All of the apple flesh will be covered with this mixture.
- Place apple halves in tin-foiled lined baking dish. Cover baking dish with tin foil, and bake apples for about 15 minutes or until they have softened.
- Remove baking dish from oven, and remove the tin foil. Crumble the bars on top of each apple half, lightly pressing it down on the apples.
- Bake for about 12 more minutes.
- Can top baked apples with yogurt or whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon.
Rate this recipe