FOR THE CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES:
- 2 ¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups cane or granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 24 large marshmallows
- 24 chocolate squares
- 24-48 pieces of GF graham cracker
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Makes about 24 cupcakes. Can cut the recipe in half to make 12 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter to the bowl, and then add in the oil.
- Add the vanilla extract, milk, and water to the bowl, and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcake tin from the oven. Place a large marshmallow on top of each cupcake.
- Switch oven to broil. Broil for a couple minutes or until the marshmallow is golden and toasty. Watch the oven the whole time because it will brown quickly.
- Remove the cupcake tin from the oven. Add a chocolate square to each marshmallow. Add 1-2 pieces of graham cracker to either side of marshmallow.
Fourth of July
Rate this recipe