Zucchini Pizza Boats
- 4 large zucchini
- avocado oil spray
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- 4 to 8 oz BelGioioso Cheese Fresh Mozzarella, sliced
- heirloom tomatoes, sliced
- yellow onion, chopped
- red pepper flakes
- fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Can also use a baking dish if you prefer.
- Cut off the tops of the zucchini. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides of the zucchini with the spoon to remove the seeds. The zucchini halves should be hollowed out. If they don't lie flat, then cut a portion from the bottom so they lie flat. Pat the insides of zucchini dry with paper towel.
- Place hollowed zucchinis on baking sheet. Spray the insides of zucchini with avocado oil spray. Sprinkle salt & pepper on zucchini as well.
- Add about a tbsp of marinara sauce to each hollowed zucchini. Leave a small rim near the edges without sauce.
- Top zucchini evenly with sliced mozzarella. Add other toppings like chopped onion and tomatoes.
- Bake for about 12 to 15 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- Remove zucchini pizza boats from oven. Garnish with red pepper flakes and basil.
Rate this recipe