Yellow Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting & Vodka
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- ¼ cup of Bleustorm Vodka
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- blue sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and then mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and then pure vanilla extract.
- Stir well, and divide evenly between 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool and then transfer to a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream frosting. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Add ¼ cup of vodka to frosting, and mix well.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
- Top cupcakes with sprinkles.
Rate this recipe