FOR THE BASE:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
FOR THE LEMON FILLING:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup lemon juice
FOR THE GARNISH:
- powdered sugar
- sliced lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with non-stick aluminum foil. I used an 8x8 inch glass pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, make the base by combining the butter, ¼ cup powdered sugar, and 1 cup flour. Make sure that you don't melt the butter - it should just be soft.
- Press this mixture evenly into bottom of pan, using a spoon or your hands.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are a bit darker. I did 20 minutes.
- While the base bakes, make the lemon filling. In another medium-sized bowl, combine 1 cup granulated sugar and ¼ cup flour. Add in the eggs and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Once the base is done baking, pour the lemon filling over the hot base.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until set.
- Once the lemon squares have cooled completely, cut into squares.
- Garnish by sifting powdered sugar on top of the lemon squares. Cut the lemon slices into quarters and add one to each square.
Rate this recipe