Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Apple Quinoa Bowl
- 16 oz sweet potato chunks
- 6.5 oz red quinoa
- 0.5 oz apple cider vinegar
- 0.2 oz dijon mustard
- 0.2 oz honey
- 1.25 oz pecan pieces
- 5.5 oz apple slices
- 2.25 oz baby spinach
- 1.5 oz feta
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 2 tsp olive oil and salt & pepper and lay on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned & tender, tossing halfway through.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil and the quinoa.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 1 ¾ cup water and ¼ tsp salt to pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 min (don't lift the lid).
- Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
- Make the dressing by whisking together vinegar, mustard, honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Arrange the quinoa, sweet potatoes, apple slices, spinach, pecans, and feta, and then drizzle with dressing.
Entrees, Vegetables, Fruits
Rate this recipe