Sweet Potato, Spinach, and Apple Quinoa Bowl
- 1 lb of sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp honey
- 20 pecans, cut into pieces
- 1 apple, sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1-2 oz feta, crumbled
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss sweet potatoes in 2 tbsp olive oil and salt & pepper and lay on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned & tender, tossing halfway through.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add 1 tsp of olive oil and the quinoa.
- Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add 1 ¾ cup water and ¼ tsp salt to pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 min (don't lift the lid).
- Fluff the quinoa gently with a fork.
- Make the dressing by whisking together vinegar, mustard, honey, 3 tbsp olive oil, and salt & pepper.
- Arrange the quinoa, sweet potatoes, apple slices, spinach, pecans, and feta, and then drizzle with dressing.
Entrees, Vegetables, Fruits
Rate this recipe