Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bites
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and sliced into ¼" thick rounds
- 1 tbsp + 1 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- salt to taste
- 18 marshmallows
- 18 pecans
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel sweet potato, and slice into ¼" thick rounds. I used 1 long sweet potato so I got about 18 slices from it. You can use a couple sweet potatoes if they're smaller.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the sweet potato slices on the baking sheet. Brush the top of the sweet potato slices with 1 tbsp of oil. Or you can toss the sweet potato slices with oil in a separate bowl before laying them on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle salt on the sweet potato slices.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes, and then flip them over. Brush 1 more tbsp of oil on them. Bake for 10 more minutes. They should be tender.
- Remove from oven, and add 1 marshmallow to each sweet potato round.
- Switch oven to broil. Put baking sheet in oven. Keep an eye on the oven at all times because the marshmallows can brown quickly. It should take 30 seconds to 2 minutes for the marshmallows to puff and lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, and immediately add a pecan to the top of each marshmallow. Serve immediately if possible.
Rate this recipe