Chocolate Covered Cookie Dough Hearts
2 hours 0 mins
2 hours 15 mins
FOR THE COOKIE DOUGH:
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- ½ cup dairy-free butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp dairy-free milk
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
FOR THE CHOCOLATE SHELL + ICING:
- 1.5 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- white cookie icing
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- I recommend cooking the all-purpose flour so it isn't raw. Pour the flour in a bowl, and microwave it for a couple minutes. Or you can pour the flour on a baking sheet, and bake it for 5 minutes at 350 degrees.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, and salt together. Add the milk, butter, and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix well. Fold in ½ cup chocolate chips. If you want to use almond flour instead of GF all-purpose flour, then use this recipe for edible cookie dough. Or you can buy already-made edible cookie dough.
- Add cookie dough mixture evenly to parchment-lined baking dish. Put baking dish in fridge for 60-90 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet or cutting board with parchment paper. Use a heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts. Put hearts on parchment-lined baking sheet or cutting board. Once you make your heart cuts, you can move the cookie dough around to make more hearts, or just eat it! I made ten hearts. Put cutting board in freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Add 1.5 cups of chocolate chips and coconut oil to a medium-sized bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Carefully dip the hearts in the chocolate mixture. Place back on parchment-lined baking sheet or cutting board. Put in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Make various designs onto hearts with white cookie icing. I put them back in the freezer for about 10 minutes before photographing them. Store in fridge.
Rate this recipe