- 9 large eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
- 1 cup baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup white onion, chopped
- a few asparagus stalks, chopped
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin or use a non-stick spray to generously coat the muffin tin. Makes 12 egg muffins.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk the eggs. Add salt & pepper. Add shredded cheese. Mix together.
- Evenly distribute the chopped spinach, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, and tomatoes among the 12 muffin cups. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies so each muffin cup is about three-quarters full. The egg muffins will puff up when they cook in the oven.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until set. I did 16 minutes. A toothpick should go through clean.
- Let the egg muffins cool for a few minutes. Use a butter knife to carefully remove the egg muffins from the tin.
- Serve warm or you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge and use as breakfast or a snack on-the-go for the week. You can reheat them in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds if you like.
Rate this recipe