1 hours 10 mins
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 boxes of Enjoy Life Foods soft-baked snickerdoodle cookies via Vitacost (12 oz total)
- 6 tbsp dairy-free butter, melted
- ¼ cup cane sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup cane sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. I used a 9 inch springform pan, and sprayed it with nonstick baking spray.
- Turn the snickerdoodle cookies into crumbs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the snickerdoodle cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter.
- Lightly press the snickerdoodle cookie crumb mixture into pan so the bottom and sides are completely covered.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar, and mix well.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix well.
- Place pan on baking sheet. This protects the bottom of the crust from burning, and makes it easier to move the pan in and out of the oven.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of snickerdoodle cookie crust. Smooth the mixture well so it completely covers the crust.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden and the center no longer wobbles.
- Remove snickerdoodle cheesecake from oven. Let cake completely cool. Cover cake, and refrigerate it for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
- Release latch from springform pan so sides release. If you're using a regular pan then run a sharp knife around the edges of the cake.
- Combine cinnamon and cane sugar to make cinnamon sugar. Garnish cake with cinnamon sugar and mini snickerdoodle cookies.
- To easily cut the snickerdoodle cheesecake, heat a knife under hot water for a minute and then wipe knife dry. Cut into the cake, and wipe knife clean after each cut.
Rate this recipe