Baked Eggs in Avocado
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- toppings such as green onion, asparagus, bell pepper, & cherry tomatoes
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line baking dish with tin foil.
- Slice the avocados in half, lengthwise. Remove the pit. Scoop out about a tbsp of avocado flesh so there's enough room for the egg. Try to scoop the avocado wide rather than deep.
- Keep the avocado halves upright in the dish. You can use some extra pieces of veggies to keep them level.
- Carefully crack an egg on top of each avocado half. You can let any egg whites overflow into the baking dish. Just be gentle to keep the egg yolk intact.
- Add toppings such as pieces of asparagus, green onion, & cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle salt & pepper as desired.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Can add more toppings to the baked eggs in avocado once cooked if you like.
Rate this recipe