Lemon Icebox Cake
- 10 oz of GF lemon sugar cookies
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- one 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- one 8 oz package softened cream cheese
- zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream & 1 tbsp sugar (or 1 cup Cool Whip)
- whipped cream
- sliced lemon
- Use a food processor to turn the cookies into crumbs, or crumble the cookies up using your hands with the bag closed.
- In a medium bowl, add the cookie crumbs, melted butter, 1 tbsp granulated sugar, & salt.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 inch pie plate, and up on the sides.
- Place pie pan in freezer until firm, for at least 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese, lemon zest, & lemon juice until smooth.
- Use an electric mixer to beat heavy whipping cream and sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture.
- Can add a cup of Cool Whip instead especially if you don't have an electric mixer.
- Pour filling into crust and smooth on top with a spatula.
- Refrigerate until firm, for at least 2 hours, or can do overnight which I did.
- Garnish with whipping cream and sliced lemon.
Rate this recipe