S'mores Layer Bars
- 1.5 to 2 cups GF graham cracker crumbs (one 7.5 to 10 oz box of graham crackers)
- 6 tbsp butter, melted (or 8 tbsp if 2 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups marshmallows (about 20 regular-sized marshmallows)
- 1 tbsp honey
- Line an 8x8 pan with non-stick foil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and butter.
- Lightly press the graham cracker crumb mixture into lined pan. Put pan in freezer while you make chocolate layer.
- To make the chocolate layer, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. You can do this with a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat. Stir the chocolate until smooth. Pour the melted chocolate over the graham cracker layer. Use a spatula to smooth the chocolate out. Put pan in the fridge for 2-3 hours to let the chocolate set.
- Put marshmallows in a microwave-safe bowl, and add honey to bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds. Keep an eye on it to make sure that the marshmallows don't over-inflate or burn. Immediately stir the marshmallows with a spatula, and let it cool. If the marshmallow fluff gets stuck to spatula, use non-stick cooking spray. Put marshmallow fluff evenly on top of chocolate layer.
- Turn oven to high broil. Wait a few minutes until broil is fully on. Broil until marshmallow layer is lightly toasted. Watch the oven closely as this will happen quickly - it took a few minutes for me.
- Let it cool, and then put in freezer for about 1 hour. Cut into 9 squares, and serve! Store in airtight container in fridge.
Fourth of JulyMemorial Day
Rate this recipe