Santa Hat Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
FOR THE SANTA HAT:
- 18 strawberries, stems removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 18 cupcakes. Can also use my chocolate cupcake recipe or brownie recipe for base.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and then mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and then vanilla extract.
- Stir well, and divide evenly between 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Add the frosting to a frosting decorator tool or a zip lock bag. If using a zip lock bag, then seal the bag and use scissors to cut off a smaller corner of the bag.
- Put a little bit of frosting in the middle of each cupcake so the strawberry will stay on the cupcake. Stick a strawberry on top of each cupcake.
- Pipe the frosting all around each strawberry so it looks like a Santa hat. To finish it off, add 1 pipe of frosting at each tip of the strawberries.
Rate this recipe