2 hours 30 mins
2 hours 39 mins
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- cookie cutters (I used a gingerbread man, Christmas tree, and snowflake)
- decorating icing
- mini M&M's and sprinkles
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and molasses.
- Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to large bowl of wet ingredients, and combine together.
- Remove the cookie dough from bowl, and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Put in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- After chilling, remove the cookie dough from the fridge and divide it into 2 portions. Keep 1 portion in fridge while working with the other portion.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface. Roll until about ⅛-inch thick. If you don't have a rolling pin, you can use a sturdy water bottle. Use a gingerbread cutter to make gingerbread man. I also made Christmas trees and snowflakes. Transfer the cutout cookies to baking sheets. Reuse the scraps of dough by re-rolling it.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Let cookies cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Repeat this process with 2nd portion of cookie dough.
- Decorate cookies with icing, mini M&M's, and sprinkles.
- You can also make gingerbread truffles with these gingerbread cookies!
Rate this recipe