Chocolate Cupcakes with Buttercream Frosting
FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 ¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 8 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup oil
- ½ cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the butter to the bowl, and then add in the oil.
- Add the pure vanilla extract, milk, and water to the bowl, and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the bowl, and mix well.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, pure vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Frost the chocolate cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
Rate this recipe