Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
- ½ cup butter, very softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- a few spoonfuls of smooth peanut butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with parchment paper or non-stick aluminum foil. I used an 8x8 inch glass pan.
- In a medium or large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
- Add in the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour batter evenly into pan.
- I wanted the peanut butter to be smoother & easy to use so I put a few spoonfuls in a small microwave-safe bowl, and heated it up for 15-30 seconds. Spoon about 10 dollops or so of peanut butter onto the brownie batter.
- With a butter knife, gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter by making a figure-eight pattern. Make sure you don't over-swirl because then the marbleized effect won't be as prominent.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
Rate this recipe