- 1 or 2 boxes of yellow cake mix depending on how many layers you want to make
- 1-2 containers of frosting
- food dye
- butter or vegetable oil
- Follow the directions on the box.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl mix the cake mix and other ingredients into a bowl and divide evenly into the small bowls (if 2 layers then divide into 2 bowls; if 5 layers then divide into 5 bowls, etc).
- Dye the cake batter with different food dye colors such as blue, green, red, etc.
- Pour contents of small bowls into their respective cake pans and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cake is cooked.
- I recommend doing a smaller cake pan like 6 inch pan so the layers are thicker but you can do 8-9 inch pans.
- When the cakes cool, stack the cakes on top of each other with frosting in between and on the top layer and sides.
- Add sprinkles & other decorations as desired!
Rate this recipe