Peanut Butter Creme Cookie Stuffed Brownie Cupcakes
FOR THE COOKIE STACKS:
- 24 GF chocolate vanilla creme cookies
- smooth peanut butter
FOR THE BROWNIE CUPCAKES:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
FOR THE PEANUT BUTTER BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Add a spoonful of peanut butter in between two chocolate vanilla creme cookies. Add another spoonful of peanut butter to the top of the top cookie. Repeat with the rest of the cookies. Put cookie peanut butter stacks on a plate or cutting board in the freezer while you make the brownie batter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease cupcake tin or add cupcake liners to cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, make the brownie batter by combining the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract. Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well. You can also make brownies from the box instead of following my brownie recipe.
- Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake liners across 12 brownie cupcakes. Push a cookie peanut butter stack into each brownie cupcake, with the peanut butter side down.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Let the brownie cupcakes cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, milk, and peanut butter to make the peanut butter buttercream frosting. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup.
- Frost the brownie cupcakes with the peanut butter buttercream frosting.
Rate this recipe