Zoodles and Meatballs
- 24 oz zoodles (zucchini noodles)
- 7 Rosina gluten-free meatballs
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- parmesan cheese
- parsley or basil
- Prepare zoodles. You can buy already prepared zoodles or use a veggie spiralizer to spiralize a couple zucchinis. Drain excess water from zoodles.
- You can keep the zoodles raw and then when you add warm marinara sauce, it also warms the zoodles. Another quick way to cook zoodles is to microwave them for 30-60 seconds. A third option is to sauté your zoodles - add 1 tbsp of avocado or olive oil to a pan and sauté for 1-2 minutes. If you buy a frozen package of zoodles, follow instructions on bag which usually calls for microwaving the zoodles for several minutes.
- Make meatballs. If using an oven, preheat oven to 350 degrees, place frozen meatballs on a single layer of a baking pan, and bake for 20-25 minutes. If using a stovetop, place frozen meatballs in tomato sauce in a large covered saucepan. Cook on medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. If using a microwave, cook for about 40 seconds for every 6 meatballs, or until hot.
- Add warm marinara sauce to meatballs.
- Plate zoodles in bowl or plate. Add a large spoonful of marinara sauce on top of zoodles. Add meatballs to bowl. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and parsley/basil all over meatballs.
Rate this recipe