Newborn Baby Deviled Eggs
1 hour 0 mins
1 hours 0 mins
- 18 hard boiled eggs
- ½ cup mayo
- ½ cup mustard
- salt & pepper to taste
- up to ¼ tsp paprika (optional)
- 5-6 Vienna sausages, cut into ¼ inch slices (1 can)
- white sprinkles
- Hard-boil the eggs.
- Once the eggs are cool, carefully peel them. Cut the eggs into halves, lengthwise, so that one half is slightly larger than the other half. Cut the smaller half of the egg in half crosswise.
- Remove the yolk from each of the eggs, and put the yolks in a medium-sized bowl. Using a fork, mash the yolks into a fine crumble. Add mayo and mustard to bowl with crumbled yolks. Add salt & pepper to taste. Add paprika. Mix well.
- Cut the Vienna sausages into ¼ inch slices. I got 5 slices from each sausage. Place two white sprinkles on the sausage slices to resemble the eyes.
- Put yolk mixture into piping bag or a Ziploc bag with a small angled hole in one of the ends. Add yolk mixture to the larger egg half.
- Add a sausage slice to back side of filled egg. Place a smaller egg white piece on top of sausage so it now looks like a newborn baby in a carriage. Repeat with the rest of the eggs.
- Store in fridge until ready to serve.
Rate this recipe