Fruit Baby Carriage
1 hour 0 mins
1 hours 0 mins
- 1 large watermelon
- cantaloupe, cut into cubes
- honey dew melon, cut into cubes
- 3 kiwis, sliced
- strawberries, cut up
- 1 grapefruit, thickly sliced (for the wheels)
- 4 cherries (for the wheels)
- utensils: sharp knife, decorating tool, toothpicks
- If needed, cut a thin slice from the bottom of the watermelon so that it stays stable.
- Draw the outlines on the watermelon so that you know where to make the cuts so it looks like a baby carriage. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut out the section that will be used for the handle. Make the rest of your cuts, and then use another knife or decorating tool to make the jagged pattern on the border of the watermelon.
- Remove most or all of the watermelon flesh from the watermelon baby carriage.
- Using toothpicks, attach the handle to the watermelon base.
- Using toothpicks, attached the thick grapefruit slices (wheels) and cherries (hubcaps) to the watermelon base. Place baby carriage on platter that it will stay on.
- Add your fruit salad to the inside of the baby carriage and on the the platter as well. You can use some of the leftover watermelon chunks, cantaloupe, honey dew melon, kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries.
Rate this recipe