Mexican Zucchini Boats
1 hours 0 mins
- 4 large zucchini
- ⅓ red onion, diced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup salsa
- ½ cup shredded vegan cheese
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp + 1 tbsp avocado oil or avocado oil spray
- Vegetarian Traveler garbanzo & soy medley toasted bean blend
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice each zucchini in half, lengthwise.
- Hollow out the center of each zucchini, using a melon baller or a teaspoon measuring spoon.
- Spray avocado oil spray on the zucchini (scooped out side), or lightly brush with 1 tsp of avocado oil.
- Place the zucchini on baking sheet or casserole dish, skin side down.
- Warm 1 tbsp of avocado oil in a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add the corn, peppers, and onions to the pan. Sprinkle pepper on veggies, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and pour the cooked corn/peppers/onions into a small bowl.
- Add salsa to small bowl, and mix together.
- Spoon the filling from the small bowl into the inside of each zucchini until they are full.
- Sprinkle each zucchini boat with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Cool for a few minutes.
- Top the zucchini with toasted bean blend.
Rate this recipe