2 hours 30 mins
2 hours 40 mins
- 1 pound of ground beef or turkey (I used 90% lean ground beef)
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp Mr. Spice tangy bang sauce
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 31 oz red kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 oz) of tomato sauce
- 1.5 cup beef or chicken broth
- toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, avocado, lime wedges, & jalapeños
- In a large stock pot, brown the ground beef or ground turkey. Use a wooden spoon to occasionally stir it as it browns. It should take about 6-7 minutes. Drain off the excess fat.
- Add in the onion and red bell pepper and continue cooking until they are soft.
- Add tangy bang sauce, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add red kidney beans, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beef/chicken broth. Bring to a boil.
- Turn to low, add the lid, and let it simmer for at least 1 hour. Stir occasionally throughout. Take the lid off at the 1 hour mark, and continue to let it simmer. Keep cooking on low heat until all the excess liquid has evaporated, and you reach the desired thickness. I cooked it on low heat for another hour and a half.
- Let the chili rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your toppings of choice such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions, avocado, lime wedges, & jalapeños.
Rate this recipe