- 12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets (4 cups; 340g) - you can use fresh broccoli as well
- 1.5 lb potatoes (about 4 medium russet potatoes; 24 oz)
- 3 tbsp of parmesan cheese (optional - can add more cheese too)
- salt & pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Fody Foods ketchup & yellow mustard to dip
- Wash/scrub the potatoes or peel them. Put 2L of water in a medium/large pot, and add the broccoli florets and potatoes. Turn heat on high, and let the water come to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium low. Cover the pot with a lid, and let it simmer until the potatoes are soft - this should take about 15-20 minutes (more if larger potatoes and less if smaller potatoes). Check that they're soft/tender with a fork. Drain the pot, and let the potatoes cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Put cooked broccoli and potatoes in a large bowl. Mash it with a potato masher or fork. Add the parmesan cheese and salt & pepper to taste. Mix together well.
- Use your hands to form tots. Place tots on the lined baking sheet. Makes about 90 tots.
- Add olive oil spray evenly to tots. Bake for about 25 minutes. After baking for 25 minutes, I like to switch the oven to a high broil, and broil for a few minutes. This makes the tots crispier - be sure to watch your oven closely the whole time you're broiling because some ovens broil quicker!
- Serve with ketchup and/or mustard, or eat plain. Best served warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in fridge for a few days. Can freeze them as well.
Rate this recipe