1 hour 30 mins
1 hours 30 mins
FOR THE GINGERBREAD COOKIES:
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ⅔ cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
FOR THE TRUFFLES:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, and molasses. Add egg and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- In another bowl, combine flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt. Add these dry ingredients to large bowl of wet ingredients, and combine together.
- Remove the cookie dough from bowl, and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Put in fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll cookie dough into balls, and place on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 9 minutes. Let cookies cool.
- Crush the gingerbread cookies into fine crumbs, either in by food processor or by hand. You can put the cookies in a resealable plastic bag and crumble them up by hand or use a rolling pin. Put a handful of cookie crumbs aside for topping truffles later.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. You can also use ready-made frosting if you prefer.
- In a large bowl, combine the cookie crumbs and frosting. Mix together until well-blended.
- Roll the mixture into balls, each about 1 inch diameter.
- Line plate or baking sheet with parchment paper, and place cookie balls on it.
- Leave the cookie balls in refrigerator for 1 hour or freezer for 15 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil. Melt the chocolate. I did 40 seconds in microwave.
- Dip the gingerbread balls into the chocolate dip, and place on parchment paper-lined plate or baking sheet.
- Immediately top each gingerbread truffle with cookie crumbs.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or until firm.
Rate this recipe