FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
FOR THE SNOWMAN DECORATIONS:
- large marshmallows for snowman face
- red and yellow mini M&M's for buttons
- blue mini M&M's for eyes
- orange mini M&M's for nose
- GF pretzel sticks for arms
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Mix butter and sugar in a bowl and then mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and then vanilla extract.
- Stir well, and divide evenly between 18 cupcake liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool and then transfer to a wire rack.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make the buttercream frosting. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and milk. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Frost the cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
- Make the snowman face by adding 2 blue mini M&M's for eyes and 1 orange mini M&M for nose. It will stick to marshmallow with a dot of frosting. Lay marshmallow down so the M&M's have time to stay on.
- Add red or yellow mini M&M's to frosting as snowman buttons. Stick GF pretzel sticks into frosting for arms.
- Add snowman head to frosted cupcake as the last step.
Rate this recipe