Cookie Stuffed Vanilla Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1.5 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 cups of GF all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Amoretti vanilla syrup (optional - adds extra vanilla flavoring)
- 18 chocolate creme cookies + 2 chocolate creme cookies for crumbs
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- ¼ cup butter (room temperature)
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 18 cupcakes.
- Mix butter and granulated sugar in a bowl and then mix in eggs.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add milk and pure vanilla extract.
- Stir well, and divide evenly between 18 cupcake liners.
- Gently press a cookie into each batter-filled cupcake liner, and make it so the batter covers each cookie completely.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Cool the cupcakes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Add in the powdered sugar, and mix well.
- Frost the cupcakes with frosting.
- Put the 2 leftover cookies in a baggy and crush them into crumbs.
- Top frosted cupcakes with any leftover cookie crumbs.
Rate this recipe