Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
2 hours 50 mins
3 hours 15 mins
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 package of Kinnikinnick graham style cracker crumbs (300g or 10.5 oz)
- 6 tbsp dairy-free butter, melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- at least 7 Kinnikinnick chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9 inch non-stick cake pan with a bit of butter, and then line with parchment paper. I just lined the bottom of the pan with parchment paper but you can do the entire pan as well.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar, and butter.
- Lightly press the graham cracker crumb mixture into lined pan so the bottom and sides are completely covered.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and granulated sugar. Mix well.
- Add the eggs and pure vanilla extract to the bowl, and mix well.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Place pan on baking sheet. This protects the bottom of the crust from burning, and makes it easier to move the pan in and out of the oven.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture on top of graham cracker crust. Smooth the mixture well so it completely covers the crust. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden and the center no longer wobbles.
- Remove the cheesecake from oven, and let it cool completely before refrigerating.
- Put the cheesecake in the fridge so it can chill for at least 2 hours before cutting into them. I like to chill the cheesecake overnight if possible.
- To easily cut the cheesecake, heat a knife under hot water for a minute and then wipe knife dry. Cut into the cheesecake, and wipe knife clean after each cut. I cut around the cheesecake and then after I cut one slice, I was able to carefully remove the entire cheesecake from the pan. If you put parchment paper on the sides too, then you should be able to lift the entire cake out. If you use a spring pan, then unlatch the pan, gently lift away the sides, and and slide the cake onto a platter. Or you can simply leave the cake on its base instead of attempting to slide if off.
- Top the cheesecake with chocolate chip cookies, and slice the cheesecake into slices if desired.
Rate this recipe