For The Cupcakes:
- 2 cups grated carrots
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp cloves (optional)
- chopped nuts for topping (optional)
For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1.5 cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake liners in a muffin pan. Makes about 12 to 15 cupcakes.
- Grate carrots.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and granulated sugar. Mix in eggs.
- Add flour to bowl. Add baking soda, baking, powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to bowl. Mix well.
- Gently add grated carrots into bowl and fold them into batter. Don't overstir at this point - about 10 stirs to combine it all should be enough.
- Divide batter evenly between cupcake liners, filling each liner about ⅔ to ¾ of the way full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- To make the frosting, beat the cream cheese, butter, and pure vanilla extract until fluffy. Then add in the powdered sugar, and mix well. Mix together with a spatula and then use an egg beater or mixer machine if you have one. This makes the frosting smoother and creamy.
- Frost the carrot cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.
- Top with chopped nuts if you like!
Rate this recipe