Caramelized Banana French Toast
For Caramelized Bananas:
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp vegan butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
For French Toast:
- 5 slices of Little Northern Bakehouse cinnamon & raisin bread
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- maple syrup
- To make the caramelized bananas, cut the banana into 4 pieces by slicing it in half both ways.
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Add banana to pan, and then add brown sugar to pan.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, or until golden.
- Can sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- To make the French toast, combine the coconut milk, chia, syrup, & vanilla in a bowl.
- Let rest for 10 minutes until chia is softened and mixture has thickened slightly.
- Dip bread, one slice at a time, into the liquid until completely coated.
- Place soaked bread on pan and cook under golden brown, for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Serve French toast with caramelized bananas, and can also top with blackberries and maple syrup.
Rate this recipe