Cheesy Bread Pudding
1 hours 0 mins
- 16 oz of GF baguette, cut into 1 inch cube pieces
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 cup Zoup! Good Really Good chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- salt & pepper to taste
- green onion, chopped for garnish
- Cut baguettes into 1 inch bread cubes, and place them in a large bowl. I left this bowl of bread out uncovered for a few hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a baking dish - I used a 13x9 baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter and saute onions until softened.
- Add the sauteed onions and cheese (excluding a handful of cheese) to the large bowl of bread cubes.
- In another large bowl, combine the eggs, chicken broth, and half & half. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour mixture all over bread cubes. Carefully toss the cubes so they are coated. Let the bread soak for 10 minutes.
- Transfer bread and mixture to baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining handful of shredded cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. I did 32 minutes. The top of the bread should be slightly browned, and the cheese should look melty.
- Remove from oven, and add chopped green onion. It should keep for up to a few days stored tightly covered in the fridge.
Rate this recipe