Butterscotch Strawberry Turkeys
- 5 large strawberries
- 10 GF thin pretzel sticks, ¾ of the length
- 5 mini marshmallows, cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Put parchment paper on a cutting board, and gather your ingredients.
- Break off ¼ of the pretzel sticks so you're left with ¾. Put the cut side of a marshmallow half into the broken end of the pretzel stick (¾ length).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the butterscotch chips and coconut oil. Microwave for about 30 seconds, and stir. Microwave for additional 15 second intervals as needed. If the melted butterscotch hardens or thickens up later on, you can always add more coconut oil and microwave it for a bit and then stir it to smooth it out.
- Cover the top of the pretzel stick + marshmallow with the melted butterscotch. Stick the pretzel/marshmallow leg to the right side of the strawberry, and hold it there for about 15 seconds until it stays. Do the same to the left side. Place the strawberry on parchment paper-lined cutting board.
- Repeat with the rest of the strawberries.
- Use a spoon to cover the entire strawberry with the melted butterscotch. I held the leaves at the top of the strawberry while doing so. Place back on parchment paper.
- Repeat for all strawberry turkeys. Put cutting board in fridge, and refrigerate for about 10 minutes or until melted butterscotch has hardened.
- In another small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate chips. Microwave for about 30 seconds, and stir. Microwave for additional 15 second intervals as needed.
- Use a spoon to carefully add melted chocolate to the bottoms of each turkey leg to make the turkey's feet. Place back on parchment paper. Let the chocolate harden, and enjoy!
- Store in fridge.
Rate this recipe