Strawberry Stuffed Brownies
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- 1 lb strawberries, with tops cut off and halved
- 16 oz chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line pan with non-stick aluminum foil. I used an 8x8 inch glass pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Add in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let brownies completely cool in pan, and keep the brownies in the pan.
- To make the top chocolate layer, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil. You can do this with a bowl in the microwave or in a saucepan over low heat. Stir the chocolate until smooth. Set the melted chocolate aside.
- Top brownies with strawberries, face-down. The strawberries should have their tops cut off and be cut into halves.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the strawberry layer. You can use a spatula to smooth the chocolate out. Let the chocolate set by putting the brownies in the fridge. I put them in the fridge for 35 minutes.
- Once the chocolate layer is solid, then you can cut into the brownies. Store brownies in fridge until ready to serve.
Rate this recipe