No-Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake Bars
7 hours 0 mins
7 hours 20 mins
FOR THE CRUST:
- 1 ¼ cup vanilla wafer cookies, crushed
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cup whipped topping
- 1 (3.4 oz) package instant banana pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk (with dairy)
FOR THE TOPPINGS:
- whipped topping
- 1 banana, sliced into 9 coins
- lemon juice
- 9 vanilla wafer cookies
- Line an 8x8 pan with non-stick tin foil.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the vanilla wafer cookie crumbs and melted butter to make the crust. Lightly press this cookie crumb mixture into lined pan so the bottom is completely covered. Put pan in freezer while making the cheesecake filling.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the cream cheese until fluffy. Add sugar and continue to mix together. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine instant banana pudding mix and milk. Whisk for 2 minutes. Put bowl of banana pudding in the fridge for at least 5 minutes so it thickens.
- Fold the banana pudding (medium bowl) into the cheesecake filling (large bowl). Mix together well.
- Remove pan from freezer. Pour filling onto cookie crust. Smooth the filling so you're left with an even layer.
- Put pan back into the freezer for at least 7 hours, or overnight.
- Once the bars are firm, remove the pan from the freezer. Slice into 9 bars. If you leave it in the freezer overnight, you may need to leave it out for 15 minutes until you can cut it.
- When you're ready to serve, brush the banana coins with lemon juice so the bananas don't turn brown. Add a dollop of whipped topping to each bar. Place a banana coin and vanilla wafer cookie on top of the whipped topping.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer. Let it thaw a bit before serving if taken directly from freezer.
Rate this recipe