Sweet Potato Turkey Sliders
- 2 medium sweet potatoes or 1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch thick rounds (ideally choose a longer not as thick potato)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 to 1.3 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2-3 slices of cheese, cut into fourths
- 1 small tomato, sliced into rounds
- ½ of an avocado, sliced
- 8-11 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut the sweet potato lengthwise into 16 to 22 rounds of a similar size. Lay the sweet potato rounds on a baking sheet. Spray olive oil and drizzle it evenly on the sweet potato. Season with salt & pepper. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until they're tender.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground turkey, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt & pepper. Form into 8 to 11 small patties.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium-high heat. You can also use a grill. Add some olive oil. Cook turkey patties for about 3-4 minutes, flip and add a cheese slice, and then cook for another 3-4 minutes or until done. The turkey should be browned and cooked through.
- Construct the sweet potato sliders with a sweet potato round followed by a tomato slice then the cheese turkey burger and avocado. Can add a toothpick if you like to hold it all together. Serve warm. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Rate this recipe