Sugar Cookie Stuffed Cupcakes
FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- Vitacost sugar cookie mix or use this sugar cookie recipe
- Vitacost devil's food chocolate mix or use this chocolate cake recipe
FOR THE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 3 to 3.5 cups powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners. Makes about 24 cupcakes.
- Prepare sugar cookie dough according to box directions or sugar cookie recipe.
- Place the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge for 1-2 hours. Chilling the dough will prevent the cookies from spreading.
- Prepare chocolate cake batter according to box direction or chocolate cake recipe.
- Roll cookie dough into balls.
- Fill the cupcake liners halfway with chocolate cake batter. Place a cookie dough ball on top of batter. Top off the cupcake liner with a bit more batter so each cupcake liner is about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Let the cupcakes cool.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the powdered sugar, butter, pure vanilla extract, and milk to make the buttercream frosting. Mix well. Start with 3 cups of powdered sugar and if you need more, then add another ½ cup. If you want more frosting, you can double the amounts for the frosting recipe.
- Frost the sugar cookie stuffed cupcakes with the buttercream frosting.
Rate this recipe